Michigan Wedding Photographers | Michigan Wedding Photography | Lansing Wedding Photographer

Blog   Full Weddings | One Frame | Engagement | Personal

Daddy-Daughter Jun 10

Before this year there were only a few occasions in which I found my eyes welling up with tears at a wedding. After all, blurry vision isn’t the best for photography, and usually I’m so involved in the photography that I don’t have time to fully process events in the moment.

That has all changed this year. A few months ago I found out I’m going to be a daddy, and a month ago I found out that I will be a daddy to a baby girl. I’ve expected many changes with this wonderful news, but one that has taken me by surprise is that every father-daughter dance since I have found myself filling with emotion as I realize that one day I will dance with my little girl at her wedding.

baby photo

father daughter wedding dance

father daughter wedding dance

father daughter wedding dance

|   Home   |   Contact

8 responses

1. Nicole Haley says:

Aw, congrats on your girl Brett! The father/daughter dance is definitely the part of the day I tear up most when I’m shooting. But at least most songs last for a few minutes so I can pull my act together. :)

2. Lisa says:

I am honored to be included in your father/daughter dance collage :)

3. Brett Maxwell says:

Thanks Nicole!

Lisa, too bad it’s too small here to see his eyes tearing up :)

4. RK says:

Yeay. Love it.

5. Jill says:

I’m so excited for you guys and your growing baby girl! Little girls are THE BEST!
    I posted something very similar a few weeks ago because I found myself sobbing during the daddy/daughter dances.
    I envision Jeff with now both of our girls at their weddings.
    It really is an emotional (and beautiful) thought!

6. Ally says:

Awe! and what an awesome daddy you will be!! I too get emotional during daddy-daughter dances because I think back to my own. Congrats to you and Kelli!!

7. Bry says:

Congrats Brett. You will have a blast, it is the best thing to ever happen to you! Just and FYI, after she is born, you will be end up tearing up on many occasions.

Now, I have to ask, will you be photographing her a lot??? I know I did with my son!

8. lauryn says:

I just stumbled upon your photography site and I absolutely love your work!

This post is so sweet. Congratulations on your new baby girl!